Cyprus Music Information Centre is first and foremost an extensive information archive about music works, Cypriot composers, musicians, music professionals, as well as books, audiovisual material and articles about music life in Cyprus. CyMIC’s main objective is to establish itself as the primary provider of specialized information, publications and music scores about the whole range of Cyprus music. Potential end-users of CyMIC material are the composers, performers, orchestras, music researchers, as well as music educators and students. For the purposes of music education in particular, a broad range of information sources are being developed.
In order to fulfill our goals, CyMIC is developing a specialized website with the capacity of archiving and presenting this information in a coherent way, and provide easy access to all its potential end-users.
Cyprus Music Information Centre main objective is the promotion and publicizing of the achievements of Cypriot music creators and artists. Having that in mind, in order for you to get listed on the Centre’s thematic catalogues, you have to be in position to present either your own original music creations, or to prove your contribution to other artists’ music creations. Any applications that do not fulfill the above requirements will not be examined.
Note that individuals and organizations may have more than one entry if they contribute to the music scene in different ways, for example as a promoter and a saxophonist, or a guitarist and keyboard player. Different venues in the same building are listed separately as are full- and part-time courses.
Because we would rather adjust our system to devise new categories (or merge existing ones) where necessary, rather than force people to choose from categories that might not be appropriate, we ask you to suggest your own categories. If possible, please supply the following information:
- Name of person or organization
- Category or categories you would like to be listed under
- A short description (profile and/or CV) of you, your work and the services you offer (400-500 words)
- Contact details: your own or of an individual or organization who acts on your behalf (e.g. agent, manager) or both (if supplying more than one contact please indicate which one we should regard as the main contact). This information should include: your full name, date of birth, addresses, emails, website, telephones etc.
- One or more photos in digital form.
- Any special requirements, such as keeping all or part of your personal details private
If we need further clarification we will contact you. A draft entry will be emailed or faxed or posted to you for checking before it is made available online.
Some of the information (e.g. private contact details) we hold about individuals and organizations may be considered personal data within the terms of the Cyprus Personal Data Protection Act. By law we are required to inform individuals of the personal data we hold about them and what uses we may make of it.
Individuals will be given the chance to withhold consent to any (or all) of the following proposed uses of this data.
- Personal data will be held by the Cyprus Music Information Centre for its own use in order to keep an accurate record of music and music-making in Cyprus for historical and statistical purposes, and to raise the profile of Cyprus music and musicians at home and abroad.
- Personal data may be used by the Music Information Centre in order to bring you news / offers we believe may be of interest to individuals.
- Personal data may be made available to the public as part of a searchable online music information database, designed to help those seeking to contact specific individuals or organizations or individuals, or organizations which provide a particular service.
Safeguards would prevent users from taking advantage of this facility to harvest contact details in bulk in order to build their own mailing lists. (We would also work to make information about you available under similar conditions for those without internet access: for instance by phone, fax or letter).
Personal data may be made available in electronic or printed form to other individuals or organizations on the condition that they will only contact you in order to request or provide information about products, services or events of a musical nature.
If an individual is generally happy for his or her personal data to be used in some or all of the above ways, but would wish some particular details (such as a home telephone number) to remain private, we can restrict the accessibility of such details. 'Private' details will not be made available to third parties under any circumstances.
Please send us the required information:
by email at email@example.com
by fax on +357 22 346124, or
by post at the address: Ifigenias 27, Strovolos, 2007 Nicosia, Cyprus
by filling out our online Registration Form:
|21 August 2015 to 23 August 2015|
|THE AFRO BANANA REPUBLIC FESTIVAL 2015|
Loading image preview...
THE AFRO BANANA REPUBLIC FESTIVAL 2015
★ Details on all performances and artistic projects at www.afrobananarepublic.com ★ We’re fast approaching that time of year again folks: time for ...
|6 December 2013|
|[BOOK] Secondary Music Education in Cyprus: A Historical and Philosophical perspective since 1960|
Secondary Music Education in Cyprus: A Historical and Philosophical perspective since 1960 The recent book by Nikos Kiliaris is a study which ...
|8 May 2013|
|Monsieur Doumani: Launching of the album ‘Grippy Grappa’|
Grippy Grappa is the title of Monsieur Doumani’s debut album. The group was formed in 2011 in Nicosia by Antonis Antoniou (tzouras), Aggelos Ionas ...